Friday, October 5, 2007

(Metal) and Glass




Need an idea that will make your sweetheart swoon? Get creative with construction paper, glue, and scissors and cut yourself a bouquet of flowers. Colored paper and textured shapes, combined with your favorite vase make an easy and sweet project for the one you love. A love preservative is all that is needed to keep this bouquet fresh for years to come.

Critique

For my select, I used the pexi glass stand. I used two lights and a reflector. The main light was the boom with a soft box on it, and I put it directly behind the pexi glass. Then I put a light on a low tripod under the pexi glass and directed it back at a white reflector I put beneath the boom. This was to get rid of that grey line that seems to be prominant at the base of the pexi glass. I used 300 watts for each light. I shot at 1/125 shutter speed at F22, at a 200 ISO. My focal length was 80mm. This particular shot I felt was still a little underexposed, but I had a hard time trying to balance the exposure of getting detail in the glass vase without it be overexposed and then making sure I was getting proper exposure for the backdrop pexi glass. I found that I had to go up on my tiptoes and get at a certain angle just to have proper detail in the vase, but it limited my artist elements of the picture. I tried different angles, but all my other pictures had clipping in the white areas. This seemed to be my best one, artistically and technically.

No comments: