Friday, November 16, 2007

Fill, Balance, & Blend


An Elvis impersonator dances with one of the women from the Wilson’s Total Fitness booth at ‘Dream Night in the Tropics’, a fundraising event for Dreams to Reality on Saturday, November 10, 2007. Dream Night in the Tropics is a fun-filled evening for woman to have a girl’s night out. The event brought together area merchants and service providers such as spa services, boutiques, wellness centers to area restaurants and local chefs. The proceeds from the event goes toward the daily operations of Dreams to Reality, a not-for-profit organization based in Jefferson City that serves low-income women from Mid-Missouri counties. Their mission is to provide interview-ready apparel to low-income women of Mid-Missouri who seek employment, thus promoting self-esteem and enhancing their employability.


Critique

For the blending technique, I shot at an event on Saturday, called Dream Night in the Tropics, at Truman Hotel in Jefferson City. But it was extremely difficult to shoot there, because the room was packed with people elbow to elbow in this tiny conference room. I tried to shoot the Elvis impersonator, but he was constantly running around and (I couldn’t catch him fast enough through all the people), get a good picture compositionally, or without so many people jammed into me, pushing me out of the way. This is pretty much the only one I got that looked good. I think my select is pretty cool, and it was pretty much given from the Photo God.

For my select, I shot in front, off center just a tad, with my flash on camera, directed at the subjects. I shot at F4.5 at a shutter speed of 1/1/6 at an ISO of 250. I used TTL flash, dialed down to 1 stop. I also had an orange gel on my flash for the tungsten light. This is from my blending outtakes.

No comments: